ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Goodwill Industries of the Valleys has reopened several offices and stores in Virginia as part of the state’s plan to reopen.
“The decision to reopen our stores and offices was not taken lightly,” said Bruce Phipps, President and CEO of Goodwill Industries of the Valleys. “For our stores, we have adopted a phased four-week opening approach, starting with seven stores on May 26th.e with all traditional Goodwill stores opening by June 15e. The stores opened with reduced hours, and we are confident that we have the procedures in place to protect our employees and customers to bring most stores back to peak hours on Monday June 29th.e. The Goodwill Outlet in Salem will also reopen on the 29the. The reopening of Goodwill stores is critical to Goodwill’s ability to be useful during this period of high unemployment. Our offices and in-person services are also starting to reopen. “
Those seeking assistance with Goodwill training and employment programs can learn more about specific office locations. by clicking here.
- Danville and Roanoke Career Centers are open to the public with limited capacity.
- Those registered in the programs can receive services by appointment.
- The Roanoke Jobs Campus New Vision program will reopen on July 1.
- The Virginia Career Works centers in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg and Radford remain closed.
- Virtual services stay up and running with a variety of services, including live lessons, one-on-one coaching and virtual information sessions on Goodwill programming, and much more.
Beginning Monday, June 29, most Goodwill retail stores will resume normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
However, several stores are always accept applications and will continue to operate at reduced hours, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Harrisonburg (E and S Main market)
- Moneta (Westlake)
For more information on the reopening of Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, visit this website.